Re-Installing CoachProxy Software Image
Important! Re-installing your CoachProxy software will reset any saved configuration settings, such as you WiFi network information or notification settings. After re-installing, you will need to configure your CoachProxy settings again.
This process requires the ability to write to a microSD card. This can be achieved with a USB Card reader, or by using a microSD to SD adapter and an existing SD card slot on your computer. Any microSD card 4GB or larger can be used. We recommend a high speed “Class 10” card for best performance.
- Download and save the latest CoachProxy software image file. See our Change Log for details about each version.
- Download link: CoachProxy_latest.img.bz2
- The download is very large, approximately 660 MB. If your Internet connection is via a cellular phone or hotspot, please be aware of your monthly data usage limit.
- Unplug CoachProxy from the Spyder Controls network by squeezing the small clip on the edge of the black network connector.
- Remove the microSD card from CoachProxy
- If you are looking at the bottom of the CoachProxy, the microSD card will be in a recess opposite the USB and network ports.
- The microSD card simply pulls out. Tweezers may help remove the card. Refer to the photos at the bottom of this page.
- Flash the downloaded software image onto the microSD card:
- Download and install the free “Etcher” program from https://etcher.io/
- Insert the microSD card into your computer or USB card reader, using a microSD to SD card adapter if needed.
- Run Etcher, select your downloaded
CoachProxy_latest.img.bz2file, your SD card, and click “Flash”.
- Once the image is written to the microSD card, remove it from your computer and re-insert it into CoachProxy.
- When holding CoachProxy upside down, the label of the microSD card will be toward you, and the metal pins toward the CoachProxy board, as shown in the photos below.
- Plug the CoachProxy network cable back into your coach’s Spyder network.
- Please wait at least two minutes for CoachProxy to start up.
- Follow our Initial Setup Instructions to connect to CoachProxy’s direct Wi-Fi network and configure CoachProxy for your coach and Wi-Fi network.