There are three different ways you can connect to CoachProxy:
1. Connect to CoachProxy Directly
Your CoachProxy sets up its own WiFi access point, named
coachproxy_xxxxxx by default. You can connect your laptop, phone, or tablet to this WiFi network and control CoachProxy if you are within WiFi range of CoachProxy. This is the simplest method, but has some drawbacks:
- You need to connect to CoachProxy’s WiFi any time you want to control your coach
- Your device may not be able to access the Internet while you are connected to the CoachProxy WiFi (since CoachProxy is not a router).
- Your CoachProxy will not be able to send you e-mail notifications of events like full holding tanks or low battery voltages, since your CoachProxy is not connected to the Internet.
- You will not be able to use CoachProxy’s premium Remote Access service, since your CoachProxy is not connected to the Internet.
2. Connect to CoachProxy Through Your WiFi Network
If you have a dedicated WiFi network in your coach, you can and should connect your CoachProxy to your existing WiFi network. Typically, this network is provided by your router (WiFi Ranger, Winegard ConnecT, Pepwave Surf, etc.) and/or cellular hotspot (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, or other provider’s Jetpack or AirCard). Connecting CoachProxy directly to a campground’s WiFi network is not recommended.
Once CoachProxy is connected to your WiFi network, you can access it any time you are within WiFi range of your router or hotspot.
- You can keep your laptop or other devices connected to your existing WiFi and still connect to CoachProxy through your router.
- Your laptop or other devices can still access the Internet, as long as your router can.
- Since your CoachProxy has access to the Internet, it can send you e-mail notifications of events like full holding tanks and low battery voltages. This is a free service built-in to your CoachProxy!
- You will be able to use CoachProxy’s Remote Access service if you choose to sign up for that premium service.
3. Connect to CoachProxy From Anywhere
Once your CoachProxy is connected to the Internet through your router, you can sign up for our premium Remote Access service which allows you to connect to CoachProxy from anywhere in the world, as long as both you and CoachProxy have access to the Internet.
To access your CoachProxy when away from your coach, you will connect through a secure VPN (Virtual Private Network) hosted on our servers. To ensure security, you will set up a password that will be required any time you connect to your CoachProxy through the Remote Access service.