If you have an existing Wi-Fi network in your coach, usually via a router or hotspot, you can connect CoachProxy to your network. This is preferred over connecting directly to CoachProxy’s network, and is required for using CoachProxy’s remote access service.
- Connect to CoachProxy’s Wi-Fi network and select the Menu button (three horizontal lines in the top-left), choose the ‘System’ panel, and look for the ‘Join Your Wi-Fi’ section.
- Press the blue ‘Scan for your Wi-Fi’ button and wait a few seconds for the scan to run.
- Select your Wi-Fi network from the menu under the blue button. This should copy your network into the ‘Network Name’ area below.
- If your network is not in the list, you can manually type it into the ‘Network Name’ area.
Note: The Wi-Fi Network Name is case sensitive!
- Enter your Wi-Fi network’s Password into the ‘Network Password’ area.
Note: The Wi-Fi Network Password is case sensitive!
- Select the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the section.
- Watch the screen for status messages as CoachProxy attempts to connect for any issues.
Note: Your Wi-Fi may disconnect while CoachProxy updates its settings. If this happens, you will miss some status messages until you re-connect to CoachProxy’s network!
- Once connected, CoachProxy will provide the IP address your network gave CoachProxy.
- Connect your Phone, Tablet or Computer back to your existing Wi-Fi network (not the CoachProxy Direct Wi-Fi network).
- Type in the IP address that was provided by CoachProxy into the web browser.
- After a few seconds, CoachProxy should be displayed.
- Bookmark the local CoachProxy page for easy access in the future.
Note: If your CoachProxy or your Wi-Fi router / hotspot are turned off for more than a day, CoachProxy’s assigned IP address may be different the next time it connects, and your bookmark will no longer work. To prevent this, most routers and hotspots have an option to assign a permanent (also called ‘static’) address that will not change. Since every router is different, you will need to check your router or hotspot’s instructions to locate and enable this setting for CoachProxy if you encounter this situation.